False

Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Hover effect

True
{latest}

T.W.I.R.L. Is a P.T.-Inspired First- Person Psychological Horror Game

https://ift.tt/hOqHz62 Children are innocent, sure. But sometimes, they hide some of the deepest and darkest secrets that adults can’t even ...

https://ift.tt/hOqHz62

Children are innocent, sure. But sometimes, they hide some of the deepest and darkest secrets that adults can’t even imagine. Well, T.W.I.R.L., the debut horror game from Genie Boy Games, is somewhat based on that premise.

T.W.I.R.L. was originally made as part of the David Lynch Game Jam from the Haunted PS1 Community. Now, the polished version is out on PC, Mac, and Linux through Steam for $5.99, with a 15% launch discount. The game will also arrive on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch later this year.

So, what does T.W.I.R.L. mean?

T.W.I.R.L. is a first-person psychological horror game with no HUD and intentionally simple controls. You move, interact with things, and just look. The story takes place in 2006, where you play as a nine-year-old kid.

Every night at 3 AM, when everyone else in the house is asleep, the kid sneaks out of his bedroom and follows the orders of some paranormal presence. The story follows him as he grows into his teenage years, carrying this secret with him.

You get introduced to his family, their house, and the massive unspoken mystery. You’ll meet his mother, his girlfriend, the priest, and some other characters. They’re fully voiced by actors like Colleen Arnold and Jerry Schultz.

Genie Boy Games founder Ben Escobar says T.W.I.R.L. is meant to challenge you to look fear in the eye and realise it for what it is. It’s a story about self-worth, growing up in 2006, childhood secrets, losing your innocence, and learning to accept fears you’ve carried for years.

If you’re into horror games, you can check out T.W.I.R.L. on Steam. It also offers controller support with haptic feedback.

If horror games are not your favourite types of games, then read our news on Physics-Based Brawler Stick It to the Stickman Getting a Full Launch Next Month!

The post T.W.I.R.L. Is a P.T.-Inspired First- Person Psychological Horror Game appeared first on Gamezebo.



from Gamezebo https://ift.tt/O9K6vRy

No comments

Give your review in right manner and don't use appropriate words.