False

Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Hover effect

True
{latest}

Is There A Real Godzilla Bloodbath Mod For Minecraft? (And Is It Any Good?)

https://ift.tt/uZM7GSX The YT algorithm gods have either blessed or cursed me. A big grinning dinosaur face haunts my sidebar at every turn,...

https://ift.tt/uZM7GSX

The YT algorithm gods have either blessed or cursed me. A big grinning dinosaur face haunts my sidebar at every turn, promising something related to mountains. I have seen that face before, and it wasn’t one I expected to see popping up in hour-long Minecraft Youtube videos. We’re not necessarily strangers to mythbusting made up Minecraft mods here at Gamezebo, and this one did get me interested. Is there a Godzilla Bloodbath mod for Minecraft? More importantly, is it actually worth playing? That was what I decided to find out, and some hours of Curseforge browsing and starting new worlds, I can give you some good answers.

Is There A Real Godzilla Bloodbath Mod For Minecraft? (And Is It Any Good?)

We’re going to address the big questions, where this monster originally came from, whether the mods in the videos are real, and if decent mods exist.

What Is Godzilla Bloodbath?

If you’ve watched any Minecraft Youtube lately then there’s a good chance that the algorithm may have sent you thumbnails featuring this handsome face.

Image showing a still from Godzilla Bloobath: Godzilla Vs The Military, showing a slow-up of Godzilla's face, with red skin, round eyes, and a large set of exposed teeth, set against a cloudy red sky.
Credit: Apricotal Animations.

If you don’t know what the original source of it is, this is a still from Godzilla: Bloothbath scene: Godzilla vs The Military, and animated scene by Youtube Channel Apricotal Animations. It was made as a teaser for an upcoming animates series, Godzilla Bloodbath which reimagines some of the big name kaiju with much more upsetting looks and lore. This is what gave us the monster that looks halfway between a skinless dinosaur and a haunted horse skull that stares you down through music from Everywhere At The End Of Time.


The Videos

From what I can tell, some of the more well-known Godzilla Bloodbath mod, and uh… ‘mod’ videos are I Thought It Was A Mountain from Youtuber BiggyBurd (which the video description confirms to be staged and the monster added in post production) and Something Crawled Out Of The Mountain and its prequels by YouTuber Swayle (which appears also also mostly staged, but is using a real mod, at least in the linked video).

If you’re looking for an experience exactly like either of these then you’ll probably be a little disappointed, it’s hard to match the timing of things literally written like a horror movie, but there are mods that can give you a similar experience, and I’ve been relentlessly testing them out to give you some ideas on which to use.


Are There Any Real Godzilla Bloodbath Mods?

Actually, yes! While both of the popular videos I found are scripted, there are some mods that seek to catch the same sense of dread. While I considered just linking to a few and letting you decide for yourselves, in the end I decided to test a few and see if they lived up to the monster. I also cut out any ones that seemed to be amateur mods and only talk about the more polished-looking ones I found.

Mod One: Bloodbathen

Screenshot from Minecraft with the Bloodbathen mod installed. It shows a view from the player's perspective, looking from a high position down to where a large reptilian creature, several times higher than the trees, is standing, having broken all the ground blocks around it.

Bloodbathen is the mod apparently used in the video by Swayle (though that takes a lot of creative liberties). It’s also more fleshed out of the Godzilla Bloodbath mods out there. It uses a 3D monster that is a genuine threat to you, your world, and your builds, and generates special content that lets you trigger it, then, if you’re lucky, kill it.

Game Modes

When you first make a world with Bloodbathen installed you’re given two options. One is ‘Story Mode’ that will give you the chance to progress into the events of the mod, and will only activate the full on encounters after you reach certain progression milestones. There’s also a mode that lets you have everything active from the start.

I chose Story Mode, and I’d highly recommend it for beginners. Story Mode gives you a chance to get prepared before The Grin spawns into your world. When you start you will hear signs of it nearby, roars, stomping, sometimes the ground shakes. You won’t get to experience its presence however until you mine some uranium, a new ore that generates just above the deepslate layer. Once you’ve got this and smelted some uranium, which you will need later, you’ll start running into this messed up Godzilla, known as The Grin, out in the overworld.

This mod gives you a full size 3D kaiju, and while it’s not impossibly huge, it is extremely dangerous. It destroys most blocks on contact, and its sheer size means that even sheltering in the numerous watchtower structures that dot the landscape won’t actually keep you out of its reach. In one-of my tests I wound up on an every-shrinking wooden platform as the monster ground through my watchtower base with ease. Even if you are out of its reach, the thing can laser you into dust with a breath weapon. Its movements across the landscape leave a trail of destruction, with broken trees and stripped-off topsoil. It really feels like something massive was stomping around.

Search For The Nuke

Once it’s spawned, you have to find the blueprints to build the Fat Man. This nuke that will allow you to properly take the monster out, which in turn means hunting down one of the abandoned nuclear facility structures that spawn out in the world. So you’ll be going on a trip, with the continuing risk of a monster the size of a apartment complex appearing to ruin your day at any given time.

Bloodbathen is a decent mod, though does come with its share of bugs and quirks. The monster got stuck a couple of times whilst I tested the mod. It stomped around in one spot for a few minutes before I went over to it. That foolish decision seemed to unstick it so it could try to eat me.

Where To Get It

You can find Bloodbathen on both Curseforge and Modrinth.


Mod Two: Venominus Bloodbath

Screenshot from Minecraft with the Venominus Bloodbath mod installed. It shows a view from the player's perspective, looking up at a range of mountains to see a massive creature resembling a huge bipedal dinosaur with back spikes and a head with exposed teeth. Its jaw hands wide open and its appears to be looking at the player.

If what you want is a big Godzilla, and I mean a BIG one, then the mod Venominus’s Bloodbath offers a greater sense of scale… at the cost of this version of The Grin being a flat billboard-type image. While it lacks the 3D models of Bloodbathen and is more mechanically simple, it’s arguably better at making the monster feel scary.

Countdown To Armageddon

You don’t need to do anything special to trigger the monster in this mod. You probably won’t see it early, though. Venominus Bloodbath works on a day timer. The more days you complete, the more dangerous your encounters with The Grin will be. When you start, you may hear distant roars. After a while, you may see its huge shape swimming out at see, the tail visible high into the sky. Eventually, if you stick around in the world long enough, it will actively come after you.

While this is, when you get down to it, a scary PNG chasing you, this mod did feel a bit more frightening. It’s mostly down to scale. The monster in the mod is over 200 blocks tall, towering over you in a supremely threatening way. It will walk right over most mountains and wade through oceans with ease. I managed to avoid it by tunnelling under a mountain, though supposedly it is capable of breaking blocks. I didn’t find it engaging in this behaviour when I tested it though. While it’s bigger, this Godzilla certainly doesn’t impact the landscape in the same way the monster of Bloodbathen does.

Like Bloodbathen, this mod is not without its bugs. Godzilla got stuck a few times while I was playing, leading to me standing awkwardly staring this enormous monster down as it struggled to clear some awkward rocks. I also kind of wish they turned the encounter rate down a bit, as what started off really intimidating after a while turned into me feeling a little annoyed that the mountain-dwarfing eldritch horror was after me again so I had to abandon working on my vegetable garden. I feel like less would be more. Though, maybe I just got an exceptionally good spawn location for it.

Where To Get It

I found Venominus Bloodbath on Curseforge, but not Modrinth.


Are The Mods Good?

I came into this with relatively low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed both of the mods. I’d say Bloodbathen is the more interesting to play mechanics-wise, which Venominu’s Bloodbath better captures the sense of dread of the original. I will say that both become a pretty major problem if you want to play normally, as you’ll be fending off a big monster trying to delete you every day or two. I would recommend messing with them in their own instance for a bit of kaiju shenanigans. I’d caution against putting them in your main world unless you specifically want a lot of disruption.


Hope this has been helpful in helping you find a Godzilla Bloodbath mod for Minecraft, and that you’ll get to enjoy, or suffer, kaijus in your worlds in the near future.

The post Is There A Real Godzilla Bloodbath Mod For Minecraft? (And Is It Any Good?) appeared first on Gamezebo.



from Gamezebo https://ift.tt/mZa5I6z

No comments

Give your review in right manner and don't use appropriate words.